Thursday, April 28, 2011

"2005"


This LO is one of my takes on the Dusty Attic April SKETCH. I found it a challenging sketch...but I made two! This is not entered in the challenge as I went for my first idea. you will see it at DUSTY ATTIC or later on another post. At first I found this LO a bit un-interesting and hard to get it done, but it kept growing and now it is more to my liking.
The paper line is a few years old, it was chosen to complement the color of my jacket. The line is from FOOF-FA-LAA. The photo...a very rare photo of my self with dark hair! Taken at .... yes ...a blast from the past....'SCRAP SALAD'. My LO was chosen as the best for a winter LO contest. This was the first time I had ever won a first prize for any thing, and the prize has been well used. A Quickutz Alphabet. I was asked a few months later if I would like to work in the store. We know what the answer would be! Ah-lase I had only 6 months of going to work to play before the store closed it's doors for personal reasons...thank goodness we have other play places to go.

While creating this LO, I had the chance to reminisce on a lot of fun people and memories. I met a lot of great ladies a gents in the store and have kept some as good friends.




Close up of the Dusty Attic chip. DA0491 FANCY LABELS. First applied gesso, then stickles to match the ribbon. Dusty Attic chips are to be found in Holland at www.scrapdelight.nl



Scrap Salad lettering is made with the Quickutz alpha die: CK Typist. Cut x 5 in card stock, x 1 in FOOF-FA-LAA paper. When glued to LO, glossy added. Great how it pop's. I love to stitch, you can see I have stitched with silver metallic thread- from RAYAR



Leaves are cut from FOOF-FA-LAA with a die from CREATE A SHAPE avec. Stickles are added to give it a bling and green color.The flower blings are something I picked up at the Zeeman....a Dutch budget store. The budget stores are sure worth visiting every now and then.
The blue back ground strip was stamped, then embossed with clear embossing powder. The stamp is from FISKARS. To be found at www.scrapdelight.nl I have also stitched around the blue strip....and of course distressed all edges of the papers. Just love it!



The little rosettes are made the same as a swirl flower. But I have a round punch that I use.It gives a uniform size.As I generally use a lot of these flowers, so I do not want them too big. I like to finished with stickles to give it that pop.



The digits for 2005, are also made from Quickutz - ELIZA
The flowers are from Prima Marketing-BETANICAL MIX. Sprayed with Glimmer Mist to match LO.
These are a great buy. They are an egg shell-off white color, which means you can, ink- em, spritz-em, mist-em, paint-em, stack-em and basically anything-em and they always look great.

This was fun, hope you are all having many scrappy days.......thanks for stopping by....and catch you later.....
oxoxxo Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment