Friday, May 13, 2011

Busy Week !!!!!

The Color Room #57

I was not planning to do last weeks challenge,but once I saw the color palette I could not resist. I already had the Butterfly garden in the must do file........so it was don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.....I also went for the sketch.....



'CATCH THE DREAM'


The photo's are of my Mum and her husband Ian. They had four wonderful years together before the cancer took her. She had a whirl wind of total bliss. Every time they visited my sister in Australia, it was like a second honey moon. Here, they were there for her wedding, my sisters that is. Truly two love birds!

Close up of the Prima roses and the clay leaves I made. You can see some of the cut work. I pinched the cage idea from Gerry van Gent. When she showed me what she had done with the papers....I said then that I was going to use it.....what else would one do with it,but cut it. To me it screamed... cut me... cut me...Interesting how you can do the same thing, but it will look completely different. Check her blog out to see for your self.

In this LO. used Dusty Attic doily#3 DA0481 This time I sewed around a circle of the paper, then attached it. But I did use a little Glimmer Glam on the edges of the doily. Dirty Martini and Golden Goddess








ONCE UPON A SKETCH- May 14


'REFLECTIONS'

When I saw the sketch, I knew what paper I was going to use....Websters Pages......
Photos are of Nicole, a out with her Mum in Wellington NZ. Hanging out and doing crazy girls stuff like riding cable cars for fun.

For above and below photos, I used Dusty Attic foliage DA0506 and leaves DA0508. I decked them with white gesso then sprayed with glimmer mist. I also used a bit of glimmer glam Dirty Martini (green color) To finish I used Lime green stickles on the tips. What I love the most about these Dusty Attic chippies...they go with every thing. They can be found at Srapdelight. Keep an eye out as they will be getting new stock in shortly! A little birdie told me they are at customs...waiting to be released...so they are on ducth soil!
I used the Quickutz for the alphabet.




Pins are from Maya Road.

Ribbon and netting Websters Pages. To be found at Scrapdelight.



I had a lot of fun doing this LO. I hope you have enjoyed taking a squiz at the close ups.
Thanks for taking the time to visit....remember I do love to get your feed back.....so leave a comment.
Have a scrappy day/night and catch you later.....
Love Susan oxoxoxo

11 comments:

  1. Wow Susan, Your page is totally awsome. I just love every detail!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us here at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! look at all that distressing and layers of flowers!
    thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Both lo's are just absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! STUNNING work...simply unbelievable detailing, well placed photos..gorgeous embellies. Again..WOW! THANK YOU for joining us at Once Upon A..Sketch. This is simply an outstanding layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work - love your attention to detail! Thanks for playing at Once Upon a sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Both LO's are absolutely STUNNING!!!...Totally Gorgeous and Great Take on the Sketch!! and it is wonderful to have you at Once Upon... Hope you will play along some more!
    Absolutely love your blog and your beautiful work!
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Suz :-)! Amazing work and as always so beautifully detailed....love especially the second one.....Awesome take on the sketch! Thank you so much for taking the time to create this page! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page, thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Susan,
    Really missed your work.
    So happy you saw my Mum on the markted.
    Lots of love.
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  10. hoi Susan, heb je blog gevonden, na de vakantie hoor je van me, groetjes Diny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaah Sus, what perfect delight letting my eyes roam around both of your pages and what green envy that is invading my face - how on earth is it possible for somebody to create something as beautiful as this??! Gerry IS the goddess of scrap but you're not far behind yourself my sweet lady! totally love what you have done with the chippies and all the layers upon layers of pure deliciousness. Please do tell, what are those frames in the second LO? and the roses deserve a whole chapter of their own, gorgeous! you cannot be serious, you actually MADE roses of out of clay?? and the blooms in your second layout don't look like typical Primas, what brand are they? Thanks darling for finding me and even more so for becoming a follower, yay! I am thrilled to have found you too! mwah mwah mwah! xx

    ReplyDelete