Friday, April 15, 2011

'BEACH BUM'



The Beach Bum here is Nicole. My niece, from my sister Michelle. Whom has stayed faithful to her birth place and remains living in the Wellington area,New Zealand. I was so happy to receive these photos of their vacation at Castle Cliff beach in the lower North Island, NZ.....It makes me home sick......
The LO was inspired from the Dusty Attic goodness I received in the post from the monthly sketch challenge prize...... Fellow scrappies,..... this is well worth going for! This site is great!Even if you to sign up to check out all the wonderful LO's and tutorials.I have found it to be a fun place to be. Check this out!
WARNING: This can be addictive!
www.dustyattic.com.au




Flowers: Tim Holtz Alterations die cuts-TATTERED FLORALS.
Leaves: Martha Stewart punch



Frame:This is made from the DUSTY ATTIC frame FLEUR de LIS FRAMES.(DA0511) The frame can be broken down and used more than once.
TIP: I used Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint-Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo. Paint this on. When dry apply PERFECT PEARLS from Ranger-with water and brush- When dry apply glossy in places then sprinkle glass beads. This brings it alive.

Crab:Stamped and cut from the Tattered Angles stamp collection-
SEASIDE COASTAL BREEZE

Alphabet:Tim Holtz Alterations (sizzlets)- CHIP BLOCK
TIP:The Alphabet, cut from card stock or design paper x6. Glue on top of each other to made a chip.Distress ink around edges.Finish with glossy...Always looks great.





Seahorses and film strip: Tattered Angles-SEASIDE COASTAL BREEZE GLASS collection.

TIP:To give it the pop magic....add glossy were wanted.Then add glass beads. Different colors gives it more interest.Leave it over night to dry...give it the time to dry...believe me, one learns this from the school of hard knocks!


Thank you for taking the time to visit......catch you later....oxoxox

3 comments:

  1. Woww You've done it!!
    Wonderful LO.

    Hugs Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled across this page, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely my favorite page EVER!! You have created such a beautiful layout! You are very talented!! I'm going to try and learn some of your techniques but I'm not sure that I'm this creative!

    ReplyDelete