Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ONCE UPON A SKETCH July 1st......"KARIN"

 "KARIN"
 Karin, is my husbands younger sister of 6 years. After this photo was taken she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After much  holding of ones  breath..as to all the chemotherapy  treatments  working............Karin had a few complications, she is a solo mum with two teenage daughters.
SHE IS A SURVIVER!
She has been clean now for more than a year. This is one strong lady. She deserves a pink ribbon from us all.

 The paper line used is from GLITZ-Afternoon Muse.Dusty Attic DA0508 Leaves. Painted with gesso then Glimmer Glam-Organic Garden (green).  American Crafts premium ribbon-Pink

 Glitz stamp from the "Laced with Grace" collection. Painted with glimmer mist-TUTTI FRUTI/PATINA/OLIVE VINE.  Martha Stewart boarder punch used around the circle.

Belive it or not....this is the first time I have used flags in a LO. To my surprise, I had fun making them.

POST NOTE: For those that have mist my posts.
                        The reason why I have not posted for a while is due to my DH's health. Three months ago he stopped smoking cigars and cigarettes. I might add he is still a smoke free person...much to my joy..it has not been for nothing..... But he has had a lot of complications since this time. He has had and still has medication poisoning from his heart medication, thank goodness we found out which meds it was due to a natural health doctor. So it has been a long few months. A few times to the first help in the middle of the night and a evening with the ambulance being called. Then two weeks ago he had a nerve root irritation...I think you could compare the pain to labour pains, No amount of strong pain killers helped and off corse no sleep.....for both of us! Another trip to first help as the pain flowed to the left arm. Heart patient and all. So now strict rest. A lot of TLC from me...which I might add has cost a lot of my scrap time!(  he is worth it though! ) Now he can walk from one end of the house to the other with out a pain attack! WHAT A RELIEF. I have been scapping, but not posting.
There has been good news though!
I had won the DUSTY ATTIC prize for March .....yes that long ago! The package got lost in the post. DUSTY ATTIC being such a wonder company sent another to me. It made my day when I came home from a hard day playing with the three princesses in my charge. And what a package it was! I will be posting it..thats why I have not used it yet....got to get the photo's done!!!!! A BIG GET ROUND TO IT! A big thank you to all the gals in the admin down under! A special thanks to Michelle for taking the time to answer all my mails.
Hope this has not been too long and drawn out...thats why I noted this at the end. 
Thank you for taking the time to drop by,
Love from me to you and try to have a scrappy day.
Susan

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your husband's ill health. I hope things will get better for you from now on.
    Your layout is amazing (as usual) from the sketch. Congrats on your DA Prize. They are a wonderful company - I had the same issue last year but they were very obliging in getting it sorted out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan.. thanks for sharing about your husband. i do pray you will get much better health for him as the days go by...(and scrap therapy for you!!)
    and i love the layout you did for the challenge.. so many details.. i love the frill around the circle.. i have seen this done before but have never tried it myself.. i love the pink colors through it..and the flowers.. and i do pray this brave girl will be free from cancer for ever now... xxlizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning work!
    Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.
    hope your husband is doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the sketch.Thanks for playing at OUAS. I hope things are better for you and your family now!Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the look of all the pink...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik vind je layout geweldig! Gefeliciteerd dat je in de top 5 zit!! en sterkte met je man. Mijn man heeft begin maart ook een hartaanval gehad (gaat nu goed hoor) maar ik heb me toen ook zo verbaasd over de ruim tien potten met verschillende medicijnen en me afgevraagd of dat nou wel goed zou gaan. Heel veel sterkte en ik hoop dat je je werk alsnog op je blog zet, je scrapt prachtig!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely striking page Susi! and congrats for making a feature over at UOAS! the place is absolutely buzzing with talent so cudos to you for taking your gorgeous page to the wall of fame! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, your blog is just as beautiful as your LO designs!!! I look forward to seeing more of your work and will make a point to stop by. Good luck to your husband....you must be taking very good care of him! .....Patty

    ReplyDelete