Sunday, March 11, 2012

PLAYING AROUND

Hi to you all,
Yes once again it has taken me a while to get behind the computer....I was speaking to some one on Friday afternoon. The topic was when was I going to post again???????
The answer- Sunday afternoon was my plan.
I have been busy again... behind the scenes getting WS done and giving them. Getting a heap of LO's done for Michelle at SCRAPDELIGHT. She bought back lots of goodies from the CHA,..these will be posted in her e book on the stores bog. Of course, all the other talented members of the DT will be featured. Well worth checking it out as I have seen them all. It will blow you away!....and to top it off. I was on crutches for a few weeks. Try scrapping with one leg up high when you are a stand up scrapper! I also had my right leg treated for those nasty V......Veins. I think I have have more problems now than before the treatment. So now I can not stand for long with out pain.....Tough at the top!...where there is a will there is a way....and I found it!
 Well thats my excuse this time any way....
and now to get back on track.
This will be a laugh....I have tried my hand at card making! It was not as easy as I thought it would be...there is not as much room to work with. Give me a break, I started out as a double Lay Out Gal.The brain has to be re-programed to think smaller, but give it some time and I shall get it right. One needs smaller dies etc....what a pain I had to go shop again.  What do they say....fake it till you make it......Here goes.



 This is a card I made for a scrap girlfriend that had found her new home. 
That is why the title is "FOUND" We had a scrap day, and I was blown away with where she lives...her little cute house is in the middle of almost no where...
if that is possible here in Holland, on a farm.
 And,she had the cheek to complain that she had not been able to have a scrap room.....
my answer was" you have a scrap house!" Marjo is now living on her own...with her cat...need I say she can scrap when ever and where ever she wants! By the end of the day, she did agree with me. 
In all we had a fun day. I did not get much done for my self, but I  did get to practice on making my flowers for every one and I scored a lot of points on the day.


 I was a big fan of  "Magnolia Stamps" 
I do like them still and have a substantial collection...but don't use them as much as I had hoped to. This time I did. I was happy with the results..for now any way. You can see I colored with "Glimmer Mist" and cut the stamped forms out to make it 3d.
I cut the tag  from the Tim Holtz tag die. Also using the oval name plate on the same die. This is another of his dies that I think is a must have...Love it! 
You guessed it! 
I worked it with Gesso then sprayed it to match the colors used. I also sprayed the back ground with gesso. Handy for this sort of thing, in a spray can form.


I used the MME .....Lost & Found label for the title. 
You will find this on the cut away piece on the bottom of the design paper. Stamped the name plate with a stamp from "UNITY" bitty stamps. Purchased at www.scrapdelight.nl The cotton tag ribbon is also dipped in the "Glimmer Mist"

Tags to come on my next post.
Scrappy hugs Susan
oxoxox




4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Susan and worth waiting hihihi.
    Love the techniques you've used, especially the "painting" with glimmermist! Girl you rock!!

    Hugs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Corine,
    Enjoy....but you will have to wait for your fav. tag...I am not posting it for a few days...I have a few posts in the waiting room so the wait will not be soooooo long next time.hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the lovely card Susan! It looks great, here in my "scraphome in the middle of nowhere" Hahaha! Did you here I kept on scrapping that WHOLE weekend...... because that saturday gave me sooo much energy and inspiration! So thank you (again)! xxx Marjo

    ReplyDelete