Tuesday, April 3, 2012

GUEST DESIGNER AT DUSTY ATTIC!

What a exciting start to the year!   
 when I was asked a few months ago to be GD for the month of April, my answer was straight away YES! I think everyone knows by now I am a great fan of Dusty Attic...... and all things spicy and nice! I revived a wonderful packet of all the new chips in the post from them.....Great new toys to play with...but a few weeks later I came home.....to a packet on the computer..my DH said have you ordered more scrap toys. I thought..... Have I ordered some thing and forgotten about it? That will be a first for me.....NO Not possible..... normally if I order, I count the days....So I carefully opened the box , to my greatest delight! Another packet from Dusty Attic with a variety of flowers! WOW  DA has expanded into flowers.
What a great company Dusty Attic is!
This is really going to be a busy and exciting month for me. Here goes...
Now to get down to it.
 "JUST BE HAPPY"
A challenge I had from Michelle at scrap-delight. To make a LO for a Work Shop with the new Gltiz paper-Travel....but not a travel LO. I had such fun giving the WS and a big thank you to all the great group of  ladies that took part. And to Michelle's mum..... the wonderful catering for lunch. wonderful group.


 The photo is of my self on a three wheeler bike, around the age of three. Taken in Lake Taupo, a wonderful tourist place in the middle of the North Island. A must on the list if you are planning to visit NZ. Mum and Dad bought their first home at 14 Lourton Place, 10 min from the center. I have wonderful childhood memories of Taupo, so I was very happy to have this photo to scrap.....it's like living your childhood all over again.......

 Dust Attic-DA0588-Fancy Trim #6.  Popped with glitter lime- Gold from Viva

 Airplane cut from the paper,  then coated with Alieens glossy. I added the pearl dots with the same glitter lime I used for the DA chip.

 I stamped flags from one of the  Glitz stamp collections, cut them out, dotted on the corners with the glitter lime. Alphabet cut from carton from a packing box. Coat with Alieens/Ranger glossy to finish.

 Close up of the flowers we made. I used the Tim Holtz  Movers and shapers and Bigz Tattered Flower die for these....... You can see one of the Dusty Attic new releases....DA0682 Heart Buttons ...sooooo cute. Finished with a thin red ribbon..... And......it's one of those chips.... you can use for any LO be it male or female ..it's unlimited.

 Another close up....I could not decided....so I went for them both........more is better...hahahaha..the ladies from the WS will understand this ...... I hope you have had as much fun viewing this as I had making it.

I wish you all a scrappy day......hope till tomorrow.....it is in the planning to post  every day of this month....being GD for Dusty Attic....believe me that is a BIG effort for me, but I am getting better at the computer.


 As per usual I have a full month planned.

 It starts this week...Thursday evening, a very important meeting for me to attend. To commemorate the death of  Jesus Christ. As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it is one of the most important events for us,  we do this once a year. It always takes place after sundown.

Another of the events is.......
""MAKE AND TAKE""... at scrap-deligt this coming weekend. I shall be there giving demo's... Saturday.... My DH can part with me for the day.... The theme is flowers...just my thing. One of the flowers will be one of the flowers seen above in the LO....so if you want to learn it  first hand with a few tips come and join us. The coffee with something yummy is always ready. There will be so many other flowers to learn. The other design team members have also been very busy getting new goodies ready for every one. In all, it is always a party there, so it is well worth visiting...So hopefully we shall see you there. 

Till then.....have a scrappy one......Love Susan..oxoxox



5 comments:

  1. HI Sussi! wow! Those hand made blooms are amazing.. so full and luscious! a fabulously gorgeous layout and I adore the old photos scrapped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,

    Just a note to say I loved, loved, loved your workshop last saturday!! I finished my layout this weekend, almost as pretty as you original one. Thank you so much for a lovely day and learning me those new flower techniques!!
    You can find my result here:
    http://rianne-happyscrapping.blogspot.com/2012/04/just-be-happy.html

    Thank you once again!

    Rianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of it looks gorgeous.
    The selfmade flowers are also very nice.
    I am a great fan of them.

    xx Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geweldig FLOWERGIRL!!!!!! Je bent echt een bloemenmeisje hihihi wat zijn ze prachtig! Ik vind de hele LO super maar je bloemen, kwijl, kwijl, kwijl.........zo mooi!!!!!

    Liefs Corine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, thank you for a wonderful day full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete