Monday, September 8, 2014

The Trees




Yip.....posting again....I am even supprising my self!

This LO is a fav of mine. I had been given these photo's from a friend of mine as sometimes, it is not always wise to use too many personal photo's. After juggling and cutting away unwanted bits of scenery, and a whole days worth of fun...this is the out come.


I even used some of that bright, hit you in the face green. Mixed with a few dabs of gesso, you know, that white stuff, I can't live without, stuff that I am so addicted to...I thought, it turned out rather well.


The leaves and branches are made using a die from MEMORY BOX. I made my own masks and stencils, to use in the back ground. The same die was used for this. 
I think this gives the back ground more depth and interest. Of course the crackle paint does help.


The ready made mask used to bring on the squares, is from CRAFTERS WORKSHOP.
The masking crackle paste is from VIVA.



With these photo's of trees, the branches draping into the water.The light layer of snow and the hint of   the sun through the leaves...this makes me want to take a cup of coffee, sit and think of a few memories gone by. 


Yes it was a lot of concentrating and puzzling to get the squares in the right place after distressing and gesso being added to the photo edges, yes to all. I think the end results made it well worth it.


I used one of the Prima alpha stamps for "THE" part of the title. Chipboards covered with design paper for the "TREES" part of the title. Before gluing down, finish with inking the edges.
Layering the letters gives a bit of fun to the title.

Till next time, try to have a happy scrappy day, 
Inky hugs,Sussipoppins


No comments:

Post a Comment